Sunday 20 February 2011

Just came across a really old video (1999) featuring a guy I just about remember who put on something called a POTS party (Plain Old Telephone Service) from Canada in about 1998, that I listen to live through the slow 56k modem we had back then (Wales). I remember that it gave me access to music that would have otherwise been out of my reach. The same year myself and my dad put on a video webcast from a music festival (hence the interest in webcasts etc.) it felt at that time like a new wave of kind of audiovisual pioneers playing with a new medium. It's funny how things have developed into ondemand rather than live.

Below is the link to the video in situ with comments, below that is a track that I remember getting played (and written by the host on Fasttracker).


http://www.mentalfloss.ca/blog/_archives/2009/9/21/4328392.html





No comments:

Post a Comment